menu
scroll

Rua das Flores

Rua das Flores

Rua de Santa Catarina das Flores was opened in 1521 at the initiative of D. Manuel. The opening of this street occurs in a period of economic prosperity and consolidation of the urban development of the borough, attracting the aristocracy of the city that is fixed in this artery, turning it into one of the most active commercially as opposed to the Street of the Merchants that, then, goes into decline . This street maintained its original profile and it is possible to appreciate an interesting set of civil architecture of the centuries. XVII, XVIII and XIX and one of the most emblematic baroque façades of Porto - the Church of Mercy - by Nicolau Nasoni (1749-7750). It is one of the most traveled streets for those who venture in the discovery of the Historic Center of Porto.

Location: Rua das Flores, 4050-262 Porto