menu
scroll

Jardim do Passeio Alegre

Jardim do Passeio Alegre

Built at the end of the 19th century benefiting Emile David's participation in its landscaping. Flanked by an Alameda de Palmeiras, it houses a series of architectural elements of great value: a fountain in granite, the west, coming from the old Convent of S. Francisco; two Nasoni Obelisks from Quinta da Prelada; a small 'romantic villa', built in 1874, before the finishing of the Garden. A mini-golf is a pole of attraction of the garden, and in the bandstand are held, in time, philharmonic concerts. Finally, the public toilets, built in 1910, are decorated with Art Nouveau tiles and English crockery.

Location: Rua do Passeio Alegre, 4150-576 Porto
Tel .: +351 228349499
Website: http://www.cm-porto.pt