menu
scroll

Igreja das Almas de São José das Taipas

Igreja das Almas de São José das Taipas

Built in neoclassical style, between 1795 and 1878, according to a project by the engineer Carlos Cruz Amarante. The chapel is dated from 1666 (17th century), as well as its filling. The Church has throughout its body the picture of the suffrage of the Bridge of the Barges, of 1845, as well as the oldest crib of the City, XVIII of the school of Machado de Castro. It has an old painting of the German school, of considerable value, representing Nª Sª da Divina Providência.

Location: Campo dos Mártires da Pátria, 4050-600 Porto
Tel .: +351 933514823
Hours: Mon-Fri 10:30 p.m.-30: 00-18: 30 p.m. 10:30 p.m.-30 p.m. Closes: Sun Possibility of scheduling guided visits outside normal opening hours.