After construction began in 1920, it was only in 1957, after several interruptions and changes to the initial project, that the project was concluded. Consisting of six floors, a basement and two interior patios. To reach the top of the central tower, 70 meters high and which includes a chime clock, it is necessary to climb 180 steps. Fundamentally made of marble and granite, the interior of the building has some beautifully decorated places where the most solemn ceremonies and the usual Municipal Assemblies and Executive Meetings are held.
Place: General Humberto Delgado Square, 4049-001 Porto
Tel .: +351 222090400
Hours: Visits: first Sunday of each month-11: 15 Pre-registration required (+351 222 090 400)