menu
scroll

Casa do Infante

Casa do Infante

The Casa do Infante , so designated as the birthplace of Henry the Navigator, is a complex of buildings that were built to house the services of the Crown in Porto. Its history dates back to 1325, when King Afonso IV ordered the construction of the royal 'Warehouse', against the will of the Bishop, then lord of Burgo.

The building was the object of a process of rehabilitation and musealization and today it offers a diverse set of values: Museum; Historical Archive Municipal; Library of Portuguese Affairs; Memory Room; Exhibition Hall and Auditorium.
Excavations carried out in the building discovered traces of Roman occupation, visible in the museum created there.

Location: Rua da Alfândega, 10, 4050-029 Porto
Tel .: +351 222060400 / +351 222060435
Website: http://visitasvirtuais.cm-porto.pt
Schedule: Historical Archive Mon-Fri 09: 00-17: 30 Closed: Sat, Sun, Fri Exhibition Hall Mon-Fri 9: 30-17: 00 Tue-Sun 9: 30-12: 30/14: 00-17 : 00 closed: holidays Museum Tues-Sun 9: 30-13: 00 (last admission 12:30) / 14: 00-17: 30 (last admission 17:00) closed: mon, holidays.