menu
scroll

Bridge Maria Pia

Bridge Maria Pia

The first great work of Gustavo Eiffel, in collaboration with Theóphile Seyrig, inaugurated in 1877, and having been used for 114 years. It has a bi-articulated arch that supports the single-track rail tray through trellised pillars. It was classified in 1982 as a National Monument and in 1999 was internationally recognized as a landmark of civil engineering for its innovative character. It has been deactivated since 1991.

Location: Avenida de Gustavo Eiffel, Porto